Emojis are everywhere – they can be found on your computer, in the chat window of your favorite social media app, and even in the comments field of a blog post! Though most people know that it’s easy to use an emoji instead of writing out a sentence, there are many things about them that only avid emoji users would know. Let’s find out what these fun facts are!
What are emojis
Emojis have come a long way since their inception in the late 1990s. Originally used only on Japanese phone systems, emojis are now available on devices across the globe. Here are 10 fun facts about emojis you didn’t know:
1. The Emoji One Million campaign was launched by Google in 2015 to promote the use of emojis.
2. There are over 1,000 different emojis available on iOS and Android devices.
3. Unicode has officially recognized 809 emojis, including ones for items like bacon, dragonflies, and llamas!
4. Some popular emoji characters that don’t have official images yet include 🎩 (the happy face), 🕷 (a bank card), and 📧 (a telephone).
5. Some of the earliest emoji designs were inspired by Japanese cartoon characters like Godzilla and Pikachu.
6. Apple has been particularly aggressive with its release of new emoji characters – it added more than 100 new emoji to its iOS 10 update alone!
7. One of the most popular uses for emoji is in online chat – especially among millennials who are known for using text messaging rather than calling people directly.
8. Unicode’s plan for adding more emoticons was met with criticism from some users who said that they would prefer more specific emoji options instead of generic icons like sad face or LOL cats. However, Unicode maintains that these icons will
1. Emojis originated from Japanese phone text messages in the 1990s.
2. The original emoji set consisted of just 56 symbols, and included faces, food items, and other common objects.
3. Unicode added new symbols to the emoji set in 2009, which allowed for even more expressive icons.
4. Apple released its own set of emoji in 2011 with 72 icons themed after different parts of the world.
5. Google followed suit with its own set of emoji in 2012, featuring a whopping 95 icons.
6. Since then, more companies have created sets of emoji, including Twitter (2012), Facebook (2013), and WhatsApp (2016).
7. There are now over 1,500 different emojis available on various platforms!
The First Emoji
Emojis are popular in texting, social media, and other forms of communication. Here are some fun facts about these tiny characters you might not know!
1. The emoji for smile was originally designed to look like a cartoon character’s mouth with teeth showing.
2. The “middle finger” emoji was originally designed as part of a series of icons that would be used to represent different types of middle fingers.
3. The “yuck” emoji was originally designed to show how disgusted someone is with something.
10 Interesting Facts About Emojis
Interesting Facts About Emojis
Emojis have become an integral part of modern communication. They are used in text messages, social media posts, and even in professional settings. Here are some interesting facts about emojis:
1. The first emoji was created on a Japanese mobile phone in 1999. It was a smiley face with the text ‘welcome to Japan’.
2. There are over 1,000 emojis available on most smartphones.
3. Apple’s iOS includes a greater number of emojis than any other smartphone platform. Android has more than twice as many as iOS, but both platforms have over 200 options each.
4. Some emojis originated as animated GIFs. For example, the coffee cup emoji was originally a coffee mug animated using the GIF format.
5. Emoji can be used to express different emotions, including happiness (unicorn), anger (angry face with green spittle), sadness (sad face with tears), confusion (confused face with questioning eyes), and surprise (surprised face).